1. Are you asking people to ask their representatives to introduce legislation that will REQUIRE the removal of 15,000-20,000 horses this year?
2. Is surgical sterilization of wild horses — including surgically removing the ovaries of wild mares — explicitly prohibited by this language? Of the ~30,000 horses that would be left on the range if your plan is implemented, how many would be non-reproducing?
3. Do you have a guarantee that the government will fund lifetime care of the 50,000 wild horses and burros you want to remove from the range and the 50,000 already confined in holding pens and pastures?
4. Why are you supporting the cattle industry agenda of reducing the wild horse population to within 20% of the population size that existed in 1971 when Congress protected the horses because they were fast disappearing?
5. Do you think that this Congress is going to vote for wild horse slaughter without your plan? Don’t you think that doubling the population of horses and burros in government funded holding will increase the chances that horses will be killed in the future if the Congress decides we can’t afford their care?
6. Can you provide me with the full copy of the actual plan (not talking points)?